Prime Minister Narendra Modi, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Serum Institute of India (SII) CEO Adar Poonawalla have featured in Time Magazine’s annual global list of most influential people.
Time Magazine unveiled its 2021 global list of ‘The 100 Most Influential People’ recently. The list is divided into six categories — Icons, Pioneers, Titans, Artists, Leaders and Innovators.
- The profile of PM Narendra Modi has been written by CNN journalist Fareed Zakaria. The magazine has described the prime minister as one of the three pivotal leaders India has had since Independence — Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Narendra Modi.
- Journalist Barkha Dutt has written the profile of West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee. The magazine describes her as the “face of fierceness in Indian politics”.
- The profile of SII CEO Adar PoonawallaIt has been written by Abhishyant Kidangoor, a producer with Time Magazine. Adar Poonawalla features in the ‘Pioneers’ section of the Time Magazine list.
- Apart from PM Narendra Modi, CM Mamata Banerjee and SII CEO Adar Poonawalla, the list includes US President Joe Biden, US Vice-President Kamala Harris, Chinese President Xi Jinping, former US President Donald Trump and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex — Prince Harry and Meghan.
- Interestingly, the name of the Taliban co-founder Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar also features in Time Magazine’s list of ‘Most Influential People of 2021’. Taliban founder Mullah Omar, too, featured on Time Magazine’s cover in 2001.
SOURCE: India Today