Labour Ministry converges ESI Scheme with Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY
Union Minister for Labour and Employment Santosh Gangwar on Wednesday launched the convergence of the ESI Scheme with Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (Ayushman Bharat PMJAY), according to an official statement.
The move will help 1.35 crore insured workers and their dependent family members to get cashless medical care services in the Ayushman Bharat PMJDY-empanelled hospitals without any referral, the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) said.
- As part of the convergence, the beneficiaries of PMJAY will also be able to avail cashless treatment at 15 underutilised ESIC hospitals and medical colleges in Bihar, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh.
- The convergence will initially be effective in 113 designated districts, where medical care infrastructure under the ESI Scheme are not available, including Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh.
- The convergence will not only ensure hassle-free medical care but will also enhance the workers’ satisfaction. To avail of the medical benefits, the ESI beneficiary needs to carry with them only the ESIC e-Pehchan card or health passbook and Aadhaar card.
- Under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, ESIC provides social protection to workers, immediate dependent or family in the organised sector in contingencies, such as sickness, maternity, and death, or disablement due to an employment injury or occupational hazard.
- The ESI scheme is mainly financed by contributions raised from employees covered under the scheme and their employers as a fixed percentage of wages. Employees of covered units and establishments drawing wages up to Rs 10,000 per month come under the purview of the scheme for social security benefits.
SOURCE: The Hindu
The Iasexam.com is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@iasexamdotcom1) and stay updated with the latest current affairs, editorials and MCQ patterns
Sir, I want to merge my esic with Pmjay. Please help me in this matter.
Kerala state, India.
Esic IP no –4707316241
Election I’d -BKL1128206
Ration Card No-1735038961