Union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia recently announced a 100-day plan for the country’s civil aviation sector, including policy measures and development of airports as well as heliports.
The civil aviation minister said the plan would focus on 16 areas.
- Among others, six heliports would be developed in Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand under the regional air connectivity scheme UDAN.
- The civil aviation sector has been adversely impacted by the coronavirus pandemic and is slowly coming on the recovery path.
- The government also announced a new policy for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) activities.
- To boost MRO activities, the government has selected eight airports, including Delhi and Kolkata, for such works and to attract investments.
- The government has been making efforts to bolster MRO activities in the country. Currently, most of such work are done outside the country.
SOURCE: Business Standard